- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 lb chicken, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 7-oz jar sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups 2 % milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil
- In a small bowl, stir together black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Season chicken with the seasoning.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and garlic, cooking until fragrant, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups milk, broth and both cheeses. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch with remaining 2 tbsp milk.
- Add slurry to the skillet and continue to cook until thickened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in drained pasta. Top with chopped fresh basil .
- Serve immediately.