One of my favourite flavour combinations is sweet roasted red peppers with creamy and tangy goat cheese which is simply divine in this creamy roasted red pepper and spinach goat cheese skillet .
- 170g Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese cup
- 6½ cups cooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup milk or water, for sauce
- 1/2 tsp chicken base powder
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook penne noodles for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Strain, rinse under hot water and set aside.
- As the pasta is cooking, sauté onions and mushrooms with a small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When softened, add cooked chicken to warm, cover and set aside.
- Heat milk in a large glass bowl in the microwave until very warm. Add chicken base and blend with a whisk.
- Remove plastic seal from the Woolwich Dairy Elite Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese, and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Gently mix into milk mixture, add mushroom-chicken mixture and stir together.
- Add cooked pasta. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and mix it up!
- Serve immediately with chopped fresh parsley. So easy, so cheesy!