- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried or 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 450 g spaghetti
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boilling , salted water for 10-12 minutes until just tender.
- Drain, place in a serving bowl and keep hot.
- Blend the sauce in a liquidizer .
- Reheat in a saucepan for a few minutes, pour over the spaghetti and serve immediately.