Terrific Yaki Udon is a variety of udon noodles, which is fried with seafood and vegetables. This dish is not only tasty, but healthy for our organism as well. You can prepare it in some minutes and propose your family or just surrounding a perfect meal for lunch, dinner or even supper. So it is up to you to decide now.
List of required products
- 60 g of sweet pepper;
- 120 g of scallop;
- 100 g of Chinese cabbage;
- 1 tbsp. Worcester sauce;
- 1 tsp. sake;
- 4 tbsp. of mirin;
- 200 g boiled and peeled shrimps;
- vegetable oil — 1 tbsp;
- shavings of tuna and pickled ginger;
- soy sauce;
- 300 grams of homemade udon noodles;
- zucchini — 40 g;
- 50 g of leeks (only the white part should be taken);
Sauce for frying:
- 60 g fresh shiitake mushrooms;
- 40 g carrots;
- 4 tbsp. fruit puree.
Begin to cook
- Noodles should be cooked in boiling water. However, that they should be pre-prepared slightly.
- Vegetables, mushrooms and seafood should be cut in such a way that it is convenient to take them with chopsticks.
- Leek is cut at an angle, the shiitake hats — like the stars. Mix the ingredients of the sauce. In a frying pan heat the oil, put the carrots, shiitake and sweet pepper.
- A minute later add shrimps and scallops, and a minute later — zucchini and noodles. Stir the contents of the frying pan constantly.
- Sprinkle the dish with sake, pour the sauce inside, let it boil, put the Chinese cabbage and take it off the fire. Put on plates, sprinkle with the shavings of tuna and serve.
By the way, Asian noodles with a large content of starch should be washed with cold water immediately after cooking, otherwise they will stick together. In accordance with ancient Japanese tradition, soup with long noodles should be eaten with a «squishy» sound. It means that you really enjoy the food.