- 1 lb (2 large) chicken breasts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Garlic salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large head (8 cups) romaine, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted on a dry skillet
- ½ cup or 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you have 4 thin cutlets.
- Season chicken cutlets on both sides with garlic salt and black pepper. Place a large skillet over medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add chicken cutlets and sautee 3-4 minutes per side or until fully cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and let chicken rest while preparing the salad then slice the chicken into strips.
- Meanwhile, in a medium dry skillet, toast pecans over medium heat for 5 minutes, tossing frequently or until pecans are fragrant and lightly golden. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped romaine, sliced pears, dried cranberries, toasted pecans, crumbled feta and cooked sliced chicken.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small mason jar. Cover with lid and shake vigorously to combine. If any separation occurs, shake again just before using.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the salad, adding it to taste then toss to combine.