Crockpot Gumbo is considered a very tasty dish. Perhaps, this is the main secret of its popularity. All in all people prefer to cook it with quite different amount of components, but today we are going to describe you the most typical one.
And, please, don’t worry it will be appreciated by all holiday makers for sure!
List of required products:
- 1 1/2 cup of ordinary uncooked long-grain white rice, which is considered to be typical;
- 450 g of canned diced tomatoes. Place the undrained ones;
- per 1 chopped large green bell pepper and onion;
- 350 g of frozen shelled medium shrimp, that have to be rinsed and cooked;
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, that has to be cut into 1/2 inch slices;
- per 1/4 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper and ordinary pepper;
- 2 cups frozen cut okra;
- 3 cloves of pressed or grated garlic;
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
Begin to cook
- First of all take a small saucepan and combine inside flour and oil;
- After that mix your dish well.
- While cooking, don’t forget to stir constantly. The heat should be set into a medium mode. 5 minutes will be quite enough.
- And now you have to cook roux. In order to achieve good results reduce heat to a medium mode. It is recommended to cook everything stirring constantly. As a rule it takes 10 minutes for the mixture to turn reddish brown. After that arrange flour-oil mixture inside 3 1/2 to 4 quart
- All the remaining ingredients are stirred, except shrimp, rice and water, of course. After that, don’t forget to cover with lid. Cook on low mode for 7-9 hours.
- When the dish is ready to serve to the table, boil rice in accordance with the instructions on package.
- Add the requested amount of shrimp to your gumbo mixture, arranged in Crockpot;
- Mix everything carefully.
- Cover with a lid;
- Cook on low oven mode for other 20 minutes.
- Mind that this gumbo is served over rice.