We are presenting to your attention a recipe for a great dish that everyone will like.
Eggplants` taste resembles stewed mushrooms, only without the mushroom flavor. This dish can be served as an independent or in combination with any garnish. They are delicious both hot and cold.
List of required products
- 1 kg of eggplants
- 1, 5 tablespoons of flour
- 1-2 onions
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil
- 400 ml of meat or vegetable broth
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 100 milliliters of sour cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- greens for serving
Begin to cook
- First of all, dice the eggplants. After that, sprinkle them well with salt and leave for 1 hour in order to remove unnecessary bitterness. Then they should be rinsed.
- Cut the onions into half rings and place them onto a heated frying pan with vegetable oil. Fry them until transparency.
- Then crumb the eggplants in flour, add to the onions and fry until they turn crisp and brown.
- Take another frying pan, put it on a stove and fry flour until golden.
- After that, pour in the broth, add butter, sour cream, garlic, previously crushed, salt and pepper. Keep them on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Then pour in sour cream sauce over the eggplants and onions. Cover with the lid, stew on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes before evaporating the liquid twice.
- Serve with fresh herbs.