Make America’s classic Waldorf salad the main event with the addition of juicy prawns.
- 75g walnuts
- 1 small romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 200g cooked, peeled king prawns, deveined if necessary
- 1 celery heart, chopped
- 1 eating apple e.g. Granny Smith, cored and cut into 1cm pieces
- 100g seedless green grapes, washed and halved
FOR THE DRESSING
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the dressing; whisk together all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary, adding a little more lemon juice if required.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes until golden.
- Put the shredded lettuce leaves into a large mixing bowl and add the prawns, celery, apple and grapes. Spoon in the dressing and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary before serving.