Today we will cook an amazing cold salad – side-dish from eggplants.
Combination of eggplants with melted cheese and sauce mayo with garlic will garnish your table. This salad goes well for supper. Such a side-dish is cooked easily and fast, at the same time it looks amazing among all the rest that is on the table. A side-dish from roasted eggplants is simple and incredibly tasty.
List of ingredients
- Eggplants – 1-2
- Sweet pepper – 1
- Fresh cucumber – 1
- Olives – 20
- Melted cheese – 2
- Hard-boiled eggs – 2-3
- Garlic — 2-3 cloves
- Mayo – optional
- Salt, powdered black pepper
- Oil to roast
- Wash well eggplants (choose big ones). Cut them into rings of 5 cm.
- Heat a pan with oil and roast the eggplants till they get golden.
- Put them on a plate with paper napkin to drain.
- Add salt.
- Grate the hard-boiled eggs, then put into deep bowl.
- Grate the melted cheese (freeze them in advance), then add to the eggs.
- Mix the mayo with mashed up garlic.
- Add the mayo-garlic to the eggs. Toss well.
- Cut the cucumber into thin rings of 1-2 mm, while the eggplants are cooling.
- Cut the yellow or red sweet pepper into small pieces.
- Cut the olives in 2.
- Now start creating the salad. It’s better to use an oval dish.
- Spread the eggs-cheese filling on the eggplants, then put on the dish.
- Garnish the salad with the sweet pepper rings, then a cucumber ring and put an olive on it. Then add parsley.