Have you ever tried a salad prepared with melon? Oh, this is unusual but at the same time rather interesting combination of components. Having tried it once, you will prepare it again and again for all your family members.
List of required products:
- melon weighing about 1.5 kg;
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil;
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil;
- a few green onion feathers;
- 1 red chili pepper;
- 3 carrots;
- salt, freshly ground pepper.
Begin to cook
- Honeydew melon, the weight of which is about 1.5 kg, should be cut in halves. The seeds are removed and the item is peeled and cut into slices of 1 cm thick. Mix 2 tbsp. of sesame oil, 1 tbsp. of soy sauce, 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- A few feathers green onions are cut finely. Chop the small red chili pepper , peeled off seeds and all the partitions. Pound the vegetables in a mortar with 2 cloves of garlic, requested amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Do it until you get a homogeneous mass. Add the oil mixture and stir until you achieve smooth consistence. If desired, dilute it with extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut 3 juicy carrots into small cubes. Fry in a dry frying pan for about 1 min. Pieces of melon are put on a serving plate, creating the so called hill. Next to them place the carrots and pour with the dressing. Allow your dish to brew for 15-20 minutes. Decorate with coriander leaves and serve to table.