Salads with seafood became popular in Old Russian cuisine during the reign of Peter the Great. They differed in simplicity, but at the same time they were very popular. The preparation of dishes was easy, but they could be served to visiting merchants from other countries.
We suggest you cook an old Russian salad with shrimps and potatoes. Take a dip for a while in those times and try the old dishes! We are sure you will like them, of course.
What products to take
- bunch of green onions;
- 500 g — boiled potatoes;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- 6 tbsp. — sour cream;
- 150 g — boiled and peeled shrimps;
- 2 tbsp. — tarragona;
- 3 hard-boiled eggs;
- to taste — ground pepper;
Begin to cook
- Potatoes are cut into cubes of medium size.
- Sour cream is mixed with ground pepper and salt. After that add tarragon.
- Grind the onion and cut fresh cucumber on cubes.
- We cut eggs also into cubes.
- All the prepared ingredients are put together,. Then we put the shrimps.
- Season with sour cream sauce and stir carefully.
- It will be decorated on top with chives and fresh cucumber slices.
Old Russian salad cooked according to this recipe is not only very tasty, it looks incredibly contrasting. Enjoy!