When turning out any moulded dish, place a plate over the mould , making sure that it is in exactly the right position. Invert the mould and the plate over the mould , making sure that it is in exactly the right position. Invert the mould and the plate and give them both a firm jerk.
- 225 g black currants, topped and tailed
- 225 g raspberries
- 225 g redcurrants, topped and ttailed
- 175 g sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 8-10 thin slices white bread, crusts removed
- Put the prepared fruit in a large saucepan with the sugar and water, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Line a 900 ml/1 1/2 pint pudding basin with slices of bread , cutting the slices to fit and making sure that there are no gaps .
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the basin , and top with more bread slices cut to fit.
- Cover the pudding with a plate with a weight on it and chili in the refrigerator overnight so that the juices can penetrate through the bread .
- To serve, turn out the pudding and accompany with clotted cream or hot custard.