- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 pound gluten free penne
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon | 93 ml olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml balsamic vinegar + more for drizzling at the end if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup |150 grams cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups arugula/rocket
- Fill large pot of water 2/3 of the way full and add the salt. Bring the water to a boil and then carefully add in the pasta. Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente — springy & chewy & not mushy. It should take about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir often. Gluten free pasta likes to clump so you really need to keep it moving to prevent it from sticking together.
- In a small mixing bowl add the 1/3 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss the tomatoes in the oil mixture. Place the bowl in the fridge until ready to use.
- When the pasta is done, drain the boiling water and rinse under cold water to cool it down and keep it from cooking. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl and pour the oil/tomato mixture over the top. Add the arugula and toss well to combine and coat everything in the dressing. Add more salt & pepper as needed.
- Serve cold or at room temperature and enjoy!
This recipe keeps well for several days in the refrigerator, covered. Serve leftovers warm or chilled. If you want to spruce up leftovers add some fresh arugula before re-serving.