- 1/2 pound (2 cups) red grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, diced
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, except Mozzarella cheese balls.
- That is, combine halved red and yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, chopped basil.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients: whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey until nice and smooth.
- Add the salad dressing to the large bowl with salad, sprinkle with a small amount of salt, and toss to combine. Taste and season with more salt, if needed.
- Add Mozzarella cheese balls on top only at this point — so that they don’t brown from the dressing.