Chutney sauces are easy to cook. Their other peculiar feature and advantage is that they do not require any adaptation to American and European cuisines. At the same time they look much more interesting than traditional ketchup or mayonnaise. You can always choose the recipe of a suitable chutney sauce for rice, spaghetti, vegetables, meat and fish.
List of required products:
- 5 fresh pineapple;
- 2 large fresh peaches;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 sweet red pepper;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 5 cm of fresh ginger root;
- 1 small spicy pepper;
- 2 tsp. curry powder;
- 4 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar;
- 3/4 glass of sugar;
- 5 tbsp. salt;
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
Begin to cook
- Onion, garlic and ginger root should be cleaned.Chop the onion into cubes. Garlic and ginger should be chopped either. Sweet and hot peppers are washed and cut into 4 parts. Don’t forget to remove the core. Cut in the same cubes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan and fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds.Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes. Put the peppers into the saucepan and cook, stirring for 4 minutes more.
- Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Pineapple is peeled and cut into slices.Peaches are wash and cut in half. The pits should be removed. Cut the fruit into cubes.
- Add fruit to the saucepan, add sugar, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar, salt.Bring to a boiling condition, reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes. Serve chutneys with baked or roasted meat, duck, goose or turkey.