Easiest and most delicious shrimp you can make in 15 mins with garlic and Thai sweet chili sauce. SO good!
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter (stovetop version only)
- Asian Sweet Chili Marinade
- 1/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce (like Mae Ploy)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Reserved marinade (in cooking process)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- sriracha to taste
- sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the Asian Sweet Chili Marinade Ingredients. Measure out 1/4 cup and add this to a large freezer bag along with shrimp (the remaining Marinade will become your Glaze). Marinate 30-60 minutes.
- STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: Discard Marinade and pat shrimp dry. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook just until opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp to a plate.
- Whisk 1/4 cup water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch to the reserved Marinade/Glaze. Add to saucepan and simmer until thickened. Add shrimp and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in sriracha for more heat if desired. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro (optional).
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak skewers for at least 30 minutes in water).
- Grease grill and heat to medium high heat. Grill shrimp for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp has become pink and firm being careful to not overcook.
- Whisk 1/4 cup water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch to the reserved Marinade/Glaze. Add to saucepan and simmer until thickened (you can do this on your grill). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Sriracha for more heat if desired.
- Generously brush shrimp with Glaze or use as a dip. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro optional).