An easy and quick recipe for baked salmon in foil. The firecracker sauce is easy to make and is brushed on the salmon and baked in foil to keep it moist.
- 1½ lb salmon fillet, no skin
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
- Place salmon in a baking dish and pour marinade over the salmon. Rub the marinade over both sides making sure the entire salmon is covered.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Note that the baking time could vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve immediately.
Total time does not include time required to marinade the salmon.