Initially, «Julien» in France is called a process of cutting vegetables in the form of straws. Then these vegetables were used to make a light summer soup-julien.
And only in Russia, «julienne» is a dish made of baked meat, fish, seafood or vegetables under creamy sauce in cheese.
List of ingredients:
• lemon juice — 1 tbsp
• butter — 70 gr
• salt — to your liking
• peeled shrimps — 200 gr
• wheat flour — 40 gr
• onion — 100 gr
• spices — to your taste
• white wine — 80 ml
• nutmeg — pinch
• cow’s milk — 80 ml
• «curry» — 1 tsp
• hard cheese — 50 gr
1. Start with the onion, it must be cleaned and cut. Then we pour «Curry» into it and fry it in a pan with butter.
2. Then put the shrimp (pre-cleaned and sprinkled with lemon juice). Mix well.
3. Put on fire one more frying pan and add butter. When the butter melts, pour flour into it, and pour a thin trickle of white wine and milk. Add salt, pepper and the nutmeg to the sauce of flour. Then connect it with shrimp. Stir.
4. Place the products in a special mold for the preparation of «Julien» and sprinkle with pre-grated hard cheese.
5. Put the mold with the dish in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes.