Flavorful, easy to make salmon with a simple garlic lemon butter sauce.Seared in a skillet on the stove top and ready in 20 minutes!
Yield: Serves about 4
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned (roughly 1 ¼ – 1 ½ pounds)
- Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Mediterranean Salsa Fresca (recipe below)
- Toasted Couscous (recipe below)
- Place the salmon fillets onto a plate or into a large bowl, and drizzle in about 2 tablespoon of the oil; then, sprinkle in the paprika, the granulated garlic and onion, the cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, cayenne and lemon zest, and toss everything gently to coat the fillets evenly and well; allow the salmon to marinate for at least 20 minutes, or even over night.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, and drizzle in about 2-3 tablespoons of the oil; once the oil is hot, add in the salmon fillets, and allow them sear on that first side for about 4 minutes, or until a deep, golden-brown; then, flip over and allow them to cook and sear on the other side for about 4 more minutes; remove from skillet.
- Serve with seared salmon generously topped with the Mediterranean Salsa Fresca, and a side of Toasted Couscous, if desired.
Mediterranean Salsa Fresca Ingredients:
- 1 cup small cherry or sugar tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small persian cucumber, finely diced
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teapsoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teapsoon lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Combine all ingredients up to and including the lemon juice in a small bowl, and add a couple of pinches and salt and pepper; mix with a spoon to combine, and serve immediately, or keep covered and in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with couscous or quinoa.