This easy Toffee snack is crunchy, addictive and packed with great peanut flavor! An optional dipping of chocolate adds a sweet, smooth finishing touch.
- 1/4 cup (55 g/2 oz) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (35 g/1 1/4 oz) roasted nuts of your choice
- ! bag chocolate chips, optional
- Rub a metal tray or sponge roll tin with butter.
- Sprinkle the sugar into a clean, dry frypan.
- Hold the pan over a medium heat until the sugar melts. Watch that the heat is not too hot, or the sugar will brown in some areas before it melts in others. You can tilt the pan to move the sugar, but do not stir.
- When the sugar is melted, and is light golden brown, tip in the roasted peanuts.
- Tilt the pan so the peanuts and toffee fall to one side.
- Tip the mixture on to the buttered tray.
- Butter your fingers and some kitchen scissors.
- When the toffee is cool enough to touch, push and pull it into a bar.
- Cut the bar into pieces while it is warm, or break it into pieces when it is cold.
- If desired, the toffee pieces can be dipped in melted chocolate. To prepare toffee this way, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring after every minute to prevent burning. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, then dip individual pieces into the chocolate using dipping tools or two forks. Place the dipped pieces on a foil-lined baking sheet, and allow them to set in the refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight jar to stop it going sticky.
Enjoy your snack!