«Julien» is a classic and favorite dish in France. This appetizer is served only hot and will undoubtedly be a great add to any table. This dish can be based on meat, fish or seafood. But the filling is done necessarily in cream or Béchamel sauce. The recipe for cooking sauce can be found on our website.
List of ingredients:
• lemon — 1 pc
• hard cheese — 200 gr
• spices — to your taste
• any mushrooms (should be fresh) — 300 gr
• wheat flour — 2 tbsp
• cow’s milk — 500 ml
• butter — 60 gr
• onion (medium size) — 1 pc
1. Clean the onion and cut it into half rings. Put a frying pan on the fire, add butter in it (30 gr), and when it is well heated, pour the chopped onion and fry.
2. Then proceed to the mushrooms. Wash them and cut them into thin slices. We place chopped mushrooms in a deep frying pan.
3. Pour fried onions, a little spices and lemon juice to the mushrooms. Soak until you need to cover the lid and put the stew.
4. At this time, prepare the sauce. Take dishes with a thick bottom and melt the remaining butter in it. Pour on it wheat flour. Then, stirring constantly, pour in the milk. Leave the mixture to simmer for 30 minutes. Then add the nutmeg.
5. In the form for «Julien» lay onions with mushrooms. Add a little grated cheese, stir. Pour sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. We send the dish to a heated oven for 180 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes.