- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 675 g parsnips, peeled
- 1 tart dessert apple, peeled and cored
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 40 g flour
- 1.15 litres/2 pints chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml natural yoghurt to garnish
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Calories: 160 per portion
1. Chop the onion, garlic, parsnips and apple.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry powder, vegetables and apple, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and stir in the flour.
4. Gradually add the stock, stirring all the time, bring to the boil, season to taste and simmer all the time , bring to the boil, season to taste and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
5. Blend the soup in a liquidiser until smooth.
6. Return the soup to the saucepan, reheat , then pour into individual dishes and garnish each serving with a swirl of yoghurt.