Borsch is one of the national Ukrainian treasures. It is one of the most delicious soups of a beautiful red color. To cook a tasty borsch you need to know one very important secret and its in ingredients.
List of ingredients:
- 1 kg pork pulp
- 1 beet
- 1 carrot
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 bulgarian pepper
- 4 potatoes
- 3 tomatoes
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 20 g salted greens
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- bay leaf
- salt to taste
- Rinse the meat under cold running water and put it in a saucepan. Pour 2 liters of water and keep the meat for 30-40 minutes. Take it out and let it cool. Add bay leaf and salt.
- Wash, peel and cut carrots and beetrootss into strips. Put into a saucepan.
- Wash, peel and dice potatoes and Bulgarian pepper. Mince the cabbage.
- Chop the onions and dice the tomatoes. Fry onions until golden brown. Add tomatoes, fry a little and pour 2 tablespoons of tomato paste into this mass. Then pour 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream. Keep stirring on a small fire to boil. When sour cream evaporates, turn off the heat. Roast will turn orange and become a translucent, oily mass.
- If the meat is cold, cut it into small pieces and send it back to the broth, which is already supposed to be orange. Add previously sliced potatoes. In10 minutes add the cabbage and the Bulgarian pepper.
- And now the secret: it is the seasoning. Cut dill and lard and chop the garlic. Lard will give an original flavor to the dish. Shape a homogeneous mass and press it with a spoon. For better grinding add a pinch of rock salt.
- Salt the broth and add a tablespoon of sugar. Taste and check the potatoes. If everything is ready, take the frying pan and add roasted vegetables into the broth. Cook for 10-15 minutes. In the end, add our secret seasoning. Turn off the fire and leave it for a quarter of an hour.