In the old Russian and many other European cuisines the basis for the preparation of soup was a broth, both vegetable or mushroom. You can always cook it at home! The frying was preferred not to be made with sunflower oil, but with the special mustard one.
Why? — The matter is that only under this condition a piquant taste was achieved. Such oil was added during cooking either. There were a lot of recipes for such soups, but sour cream soup with dried mushrooms was considered to be especially tasty. It was cooked all around the country as it was quite easy to get the products, which were really appreciated by locals.
And it is really very tasty: rich, thick and stunningly flavored. This is a perfect combination, isn’t it? In accordance with experienced cooks’ points of view, the ideal condition will be to prepare this soup with dried white mushrooms.
Please, be careful and attentive! — The given set of products is calculated for 8 portions. So you can change the amount in accordance with proportions.
What products to take
- 150 g of dried mushrooms;
- 10 glasses of water;
- 2 average onions;
- ½ cup — pearl barley;
- 1 root — ordinary parsley;
- 3 tbsp. — vegetable oil;
- 6 potatoes;
- 100 g sour cream;
- to taste — spices;
Begin to cook
- Pour the chosen mushrooms with water and leave them to swell.
- Then put the container on the fire and place whole onions together with the root of parsley.
- After boiling, add pearl barley, pour inside some oil, season with spices and salt to your taste. Of course, you can put bay leaves if you want.
- When the mushrooms become almost soft, we take them out and chop them finely. The best idea will be to use a blender for this purpose.
- From the broth we should take the onion as well as the root of parsley.
- We use the potatoes, which are cut into small cubes.
- Add the crushed mushrooms and cook until the potatoes are ready.
- At the end we pour some sour cream inside and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- We turn off the fire, leave the future dish for 10-15 minutes.
When serving such a wonderful soup you can decorate it with fresh or dried herbs, as well as mushroom plates. It is up to you to choose and to decide! Enjoy your meal!