Vietnamese soup with shrimps and mushrooms together along with Miso and Minestrone is among the top three of the world’s most popular first courses. The mysterious taste of a rich and unusually fragrant dish has conquered the hearts of many gourmets.
The history of the soup emerges in the depths of centuries and enveloped with many secrets and fairy tales. But despite this, the dish can be easily cooked at home and surprised everybody around.
The basis of the dish is a rich broth. In the classic recipe for cooking people use beef. There are also several options for cooking it: with fish, bird and seafood. In Vietnam, dishes are often served with raw, finely chopped pieces of meat. But we will not risk, and all products will undergo heat treatment.
List of required products
- 200 g of bamboo shoots;
- 100 g of frozen green peas;
- 400 g of peeled boiled shrimp;
- 1 liter of chicken broth;
- 2 shoots of green onions;
- 250 g of champignons;
- 2 tsp. of soy sauce;
- 1 lemon;
- 1 small bunch of cilantro.
Begin to cook
- Shrimp are washed in warm water. If they are too large, cut them in half.
- Mushrooms are cleaned and cut into thin slices.
- The bamboo sprouts are cleaned, dried and sliced. Pour broth into a saucepan.
- Add onions, salt and pepper. Bring to a boiling condition and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add champignons, bamboo shoots and green peas.
- Cook another 5 minutes on average fire. At the end, add shrimp and finely chopped cilantro.
- Cover with lid, remove from heat and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Spread on plates, add into each 0.5 tsp. soy sauce and serve immediately.