Creamy soup and chunky soup. Here’s your happy medium.
- 113g Spreadable Goat Cheese
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 medium-sized red bell peppers, halved, tops and seeds removed
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the oven to broil, and get roasting those red peppers! Place red peppers seed side down on a roasting pan, and broil until skins turn black (about 10 minutes). Removed from the oven, and place peppers in a resealable container, allowing them to steam and cool for 15-20 minutes.
- While the peppers steam, toss the cauliflower with 1 tbsp of olive oil and roast in the oven, turning half-way, until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, sauté onion with remaining olive oil in a medium-sized pot until onions are translucent. Add garlic and thyme, cook for 1 minute with occasional stirring.
- Remove skins from the red peppers and add them to the pot. Add vegetable broth, paprika, roasted cauliflower and Spreadable Goat Cheese. Stir into incorporated well, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend it up! Use an immersion blender to achieve the desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve!