Especially in warm weather, use fresh or frozen roe to make light-textured, mayonnaise-like, universally popular taramasalata.
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) smoked roe
- 2 slices thick bread, broken in pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1-1 1/2 cups (250-375 ml / 8-12 fl oz) olive or other oil
[Ads — pc — 1]
[Ads — mob — 1]
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor bowl and process briefly to mix.
- Pour in the oil in a thin stream, stopping when the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add a little salt to taste.
- Serve as a spread for fresh crusty bread.
- This is a summer meal in itself.