Asian rice with mushrooms is considered to be a rather tasty dish, which can be appreciated by Asians as well as the representatives of the European and American parts of the planet. You can modify it a bit. It is not difficult in fact.
List of required products:
- 2 glasses of long grain rice;
- 20-30 g of dry shiitake mushrooms;
- 2 different colored sweet paprika;
- 1 small eggplant;
- 200 g of fresh or frozen green peas;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 large carrot;
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil;
- a third of cinnamon sticks;
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns;
- 5-6 boxes of cardamom;
- sea salt;
- fish or soy sauce for serving.
Begin to cook
- Soak rice in a bit hot water for 2 hours. Then put it into over a sieve, place a sieve over a saucepan half filled with boiling water, and close the lid. Steam until it is cooked. Usually it takes about 25 minutes.
- Mushrooms should be soaked in warm water for 30 minutes. Throw them into a colander, remove the legs, thinly cut the cap.
- Onions and carrots are peeled and sliced thinly. Take sweet pepper and remove the core and stems. Zucchini and peppers are cut into small cubes.
- Take out the seeds of cardamom from the boxes, pound them in a mortar, together with black pepper and cinnamon broken into small pieces.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil, fry the vegetables together with the mushrooms over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown color appearance. As a rule it takes 10 minutes.
- For a couple of minutes before the readiness, pour the peas and the spices in the mortar. Mix ready rice with fish or soy sauce, mushrooms and vegetables. Serve everything immediately.