- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 3 medium limes
- 2 medium / large avocados
- ½ english cucumber
- 3 medium tomatoes (or 4 roma)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla chips and Tabasco sauce to serve
1. Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Place a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once the pot is hot, add olive oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook for 3 minutes in total, turning once halfway.
4. Sauté just until cooked through then remove from the pan.
5. Transfer to a chopping board, coarsely chop then place in a large mixing bowl.
6. Squeeze the juice of the limes over the shrimp , stir and set aside to marinade while you prepare remaining salsa ingredients.
7. Dice cucumber, tomato and avocado and add them to the mixing bowl with shrimp.
8. Finely dice onion and chop the fresh Cilantro. Add to the mixing bowl then stir together all the ingredients until well combined and serve.