This fritatta recipe fuses a range of flavors. A great alternative to your average omelette.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / Gas 4.
- Heat a glug of oil in a 27cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan and fry the bacon for 2–3 minutes. Add the red pepper and continue to cook for another few minutes until the bacon is golden brown and crisp. Add the spring onions and sweat for 4-5 minutes until everything is tender. Stir in the peas and heat through. Sprinkle in the basil, roughly mixing it through the vegetables. Cut one of the goat’s cheeses into chunks and scatter on top.
- Heat the grill on its highest setting.
- Put the beaten eggs in a bowl, add the Parmesan and season generously with pepper. Pour into the pan over the vegetables and gently shake over a medium heat. As the omelette begins to set at the bottom, grate the remaining goat’s cheese on top and season with pepper.
- Place the pan under the hot grill in the hot oven for 4-5 minutes until cooked through and golden on top.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan and cut into wedges to serve.