Delicious and nutritious beans, unfortunately, refer to those products that need to be cooked for a very long time. If they are not canned, of course! Perhaps, we are almost sure that once the Filipino housewives cooked this dish from dry beans. But now even on distant exotic islands many women have to work.
Therefore, the modern recipe for this dish often looks like our photo variant.
List of required products:
- 1 can (400 g) of canned red beans;
- 1 can (400 g) of canned white beans;
- 1 large onion;
- 5 cm of fresh ginger root;
- garlic — 3 cloves;
- 1 red hot chili pepper;
- 1 small bunch of cilantro;
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. of corn oil;
- 2 tsp. ground zira;
- 1 tsp. ground coriander;
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric;
- salt, freshly ground black pepper.
Begin to cook
- Peel ginger, garlic and onions. Ginger has to be cut and ground in a blender together with garlic and 4 tbsp. of cold water.
- Onion is cut into half rings. Chop the spicy pepper, removing the seeds. Cilantro is cut finely.
- Heat the oil in a large deep stewing pan and fry onion and chili on high heat. It will take you not much than 2 minutes. Add ground zira, coriander and turmeric, mix and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Put the ginger and garlic paste, stir carefully.
- Add 1 incomplete glass of water, lemon juice and cilantro. Bring to a boiling condition, reduce the heat to medium-high and cook under the lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the beans in a colander, add into the saucepan. Salt, pepper, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
Helpful advice for you
Ginger-garlic paste can be filled with many vegetable, meat and fish dishes. So find half an hour of free time and cook it a little more. It is perfectly saved in the fridge in hermetically sealed containers.