- 1 kg/2 lb carrots
- Salt and pepper
- 50 g/2 oz butter
- Chopped parsley to garnish
(Cooking time: 15-20 minutes, calories: 150 per portion)
1. Peel the carrots and cut into 4 lengthways (if not using baby carrots), then cut each quarter into 5cm/2 inch strips.
2. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the carrots for 10 minutes. Drain well.
3. Heat the butter gently in a large frying pan .
4. Cook the carrots in the butter for 5 minutes until tender.
5. Season to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.