You know those salads that always stick around in your head and you can never get them out because they’re that.good? Well. That’s Caprese for me. There’s something about mozzarella cheese paired with fresh tomato slices and basil!
- 4 thick slices of fresh bread (your choice, really)
- 100 g | 3.5 oz (or 8 thick slices) mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 an inch thick)
- 2 ripe roma or vine ripened tomatoes , sliced
- 1/4 red onion , sliced thinly
- 10 fresh basil leaves , roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
How To Prepare
Layer 2 pieces of the bread with cheese slices, tomatoes, onion slices and chopped basil. Top both pieces with remaining bread, and brush over the outside of the sandwich with the garlic olive oil.
Cook on a pre heated nonstick pan/skillet over low — medium heat sprayed with cooking oil (or a drizzle of olive oil) until brown and golden on both sides and cheese has melted. You can also cover the pan with a lid to ensure melty cheese.