- 1 onion, chopped
- 25 g butter or margarine
- 225 g long grain rice
- 1 kg cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 225 g dried apricots, cut in half
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- salt and pepper
- natural yoghurt to serve
- In a large saucepan cook the onion in the butter or margarine for a few minutes until soft and transparent.
- Add the rice and stir well until evenly coated in the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring the mixture to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve hot with natural yoghurt.