If there is even a hint of cooler weather on the horizon, you better believe I start dreaming of my favorite soups, stews and comforting classics to make! This Chicken Taco Soup is one of my new favorites! A riff off of my original Taco Soup Recipe, it comes together in a snap! It is so easy to make on the stovetop, in the slow cooker, or even in the Instant Pot!
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock, broth or water
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 1 (4-ounce) can 4 ounces chopped green chilies, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste when serving
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Green onions chopped
- Cheddar cheese shredded
How To Prepare
Stovetop Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
Add chicken to slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, chicken stock, broth or water, black beans, corn, chili beans, tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and the green chilies. Stir until well combined.
Cook on low setting for 6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, chopped green onions, or shredded cheese.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
Add the chicken to the Instant Pot. Add the taco seasoning, chicken stock, broth or water, black beans, corn, chili beans, tomatoes, ranch seasoning and green chilis to the Instant Pot. Stir until well combined.
Secure the lid to the Instant Pot and seal the vent. Cook for 10 minutes on High Setting. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then carefully release the remaining pressure. Remove the lid of the Instant Pot. Shred the chicken with two forks and serve. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, chopped green onions, or shredded cheese.