- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450 g minced beef
- 15 g plain flour
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 (400 g /14 oz) can tomatoes
- 300 ml beef stock
- 1 (425 g/15 oz) can red kidney beans
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the minced beef and cook until brown all over.
- Mix in the flour , salt to taste, chili powder, tomatoes and beef stock.
- Stir the mixture well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the kidney beans , add to the chili and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until the kidney beans are heated through.
- Serve the chilli on a bed of boiled rice .
- Garnish with parsley.