A great light and healthy snack, this Cowboy Caviar is a combination of a dip meets side salad meets a bean salsa all in one. You can also serve it like a salsa or Pico de Gallo !
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can black eyed peas/beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can sweet corn rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper (capsicum), finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper (capsicum), finely diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, , halved (or cherry tomatoes or 2 Roma tomatoes)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ⅓ cup Cilantro (or parsley), finely chopped
Chili Lime Dressing:
- Veggie sticks Nacho chips, Tortilla chips, etc
How To Prepare
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together to combine. Set aside.
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a smaller bowl, until well combined.
Pour dressing over salad, stir through, and serve with chips or veggie sticks.