Italians serve classic salsa verde as a condiment accompanying meat and fish. Here, a splash of orange juice adds a refreshing update. Pass this bright green sauce to accompany grilled chicken and fish. Toss it with cooked shrimp or spoon it on salmon, too. It is so good you may be tempted to eat it right from the bowl.
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tbsp chopped spearmint
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup 100% orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovy filets, finely chopped, optional
- Finely chop the parsley by hand (there should be 1/4 cup chopped) and place it in a small mixing bowl. Add the mint, capers, garlic, and oregano.
- The sauce can be made up to this point and refrigerated, covered, for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, mix in the orange and lemon juices, then stir in the olive oil. Mix in the anchovies, if using.