1 quantity wholemeal pastry:
- 225 g plain wholemeal flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of paprika
- 100 g margarine
- 23 tbsp cold water
- 450 g courgettes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato slices
1. Sift the flour ,salt and pepper and paprika into a bowl.
2. Cut the margarine into small pieces and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add enough water to mix to a soft dough.
4. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20 cm/ 8 inch flan dish or ring placed on a baking tray.
5. Cook the courgettes , garlic and onion in the oil until softened.
6. Arrange in the pastry case and sprinkle over the grated Cheddar .
7. Lightly beat the eggs , milk and seasoning together, pour over the cheese mixture.
8. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 30-40 minutes.
9. Garnish with tomato and cress and accompany with a coleslaw salad.