This Cranberry Salsa over Cream Cheese is such a festive, favorite appetizer we love and serve often during the holiday season. Juicy cranberries and other fresh ingredients make a sweet, tangy and spicy salsa that’s absolutely out of this world served over cream cheese and eaten with with crackers, fruit, or chips. It’s a great make-ahead recipe for the holidays too!
Preparation time: 30minutes
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened
- crackers or fruit slices for serving
How To Prepare
Add cranberries and sugar to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, about 30 pulses. Stir in jalapeno, onion, cilantro, orange zest and orange juice. Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
To serve, arrange cream cheese on a serving tray, strain away juices from the cranberry salsa and spoon on top of the cream cheese. Serve with assorted crackers or fruit slices.