Quick and easy eggplant cake from aubergines. This cold appetizer has an excellent taste and looks gorgeous, by diversifying the everyday menu and decorating any table. Gentle, fragrant, with a piquant taste of cheese. Everyone will like it.
List of ingredients:
- 3 medium aubergines
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- one bunch of basil (or any other greens to taste)
- 300 grams of mozzarella cheese (you can use feta cheese, feta cheese, or any hard cheese)
- Olive oil for lubrication
- salt and ground black pepper — to taste
- home mayonnaise.
- Wash eggplants, remove the tails and cut in thin strips. Add salt from both sides, put in a bowl and leave for a while.
- Pure tomatoes cut into circles in 3-4 mm.
- After 20 minutes, shift the eggplant into a colander, rinse under running water.
- Grate cheese on a large grater.
- Cover the pan with foil, grease with olive oil, spread the aubergines in one layer, add some olive oil and put in oven, heated to 180 degrees. Bake aubergines for 30 minutes (it’s better to use the grill mode).
- Tear off the leaves of basil and cut into large pieces. You can completely replace the basil with any other greens, to your taste.
- Take the pan from the oven, remove eggplants and let them to cool down a little.
- The cake will be done on the same baking sheet, covered with foil.
- Lay out 4 strips of eggplant for the first layer, grease abundantly with homemade mayonnaise (recipes for cooking homemade mayonnaise you can see on our website: it is better to choose the one that is prepared with mustard).
- Put the circles of tomatoes on the eggplants (9 circles for one layer).
- Add little salt, pepper and sprinkle with herbs.
- Then make a layer of grated cheese.
- Make the next layer of aubergine strips (if the first layer was along, then the second one is across).
- Next layers go in the same sequence: homemade mayonnaise, tomatoes, salt and pepper, greens, cheese.
- When all the products are finished, the last layer is made from cheese.
- Put the baking tray with a cake of eggplant in a preheated to 170 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Cheese should melt and become a bit brown.