Puddings can be different and not necessarily sweet. Moreover, they can be useful! For example, here is a delicious pudding with spinach, prepared according to Old Russian cuisine recipes.
The taste of pudding is amazing, for some people it reminds even the famous Italian pie with spinach. But at the same time its cooking manner is much simpler, you will be sure of this by preparing this dish.
What products to take
- 150 g butter;
- 250 g. spinach leaves;
- 100 g — peeled shrimps or crabs (boiled);
- 300 g — white bread (crumb);
- 8 eggs;
- 1 cup — cream;
- to taste — spices;
Begin to cook
- Rinse the spinach thoroughly, then dip it into boiling water.
- We boil for 2-3 minutes, then we throw it back to the colander.
- Cool it, finely chop everything, then rub it through a sieve.
- The crumb of bread is soaked in cream, squeezed, mixed with two eggs. The half should be put into a baking dish. Do not forget to press everything carefully!
- Whisk the remaining eggs and add them to the spinach.
- We also add finely chopped prawns, butter, seasoned to taste with nutmeg, salt and any other spices you like.
- We put the mass into the mold.
- We put a layer of the remaining bread on top.
- We put it into the oven preheated up to 180 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Here is a tasty and simple pudding at the same time prepared in the old days! Try, do not forget the dishes of our ancestors.