Easy Satay Dipping Sauce! Good luck serving it with anything, because the most likely scenario is you; dipping your spoon in and slurping it directly out of the pan!
Preparation time: 5minutes
Serves :8 (about 1/3 cup per serve)
- 1 2/3 cup coconut milk (1x 400ml | 14fl oz. tin)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (all natural preferable)
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional — replace with soy sauce if desired)
- ½ tablespoon Tamarind puree (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (adjust to your tastes)
How To Prepare
Combine all ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan EXCEPT for the lime juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until combined and thickened (about 5-6 minutes).
Once thickened, take off heat and stir in the lime juice (start with 1 tablespoon and adjust accordingly to suit your tastes).