Whether you eat them with a spoon or spread them on buttery toast, you can’t go wrong with these protein-packed filled avocados.
- 2 ripe avocados sliced in half and remove pit
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 eggs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- Finely chopped chives or green onions, for garnish
- Avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of each avocado, ensuring that your egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place avocados snugly in a baking dish. You want to make sure the avocados don’t fall so the eggs can stay intact while baking.
- Sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes into each avocado half. Crack eggs in a bowl. Using a spoon, transfer the yolks to each avocado half, then carefully spoon in as much egg white as you can fit in the avocado without spilling over.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake until the egg whites are set and yolks are no longer runny, for about 18 to 20 minutes. (Cover with foil if avocados are beginning to brown.)
- Remove from oven and garnish with crispy bacon bits, chives, more crushed red pepper flakes if desired and lightly drizzle with some avocado oil. Enjoy immediately!