A great appetizer from aubergines, which will become a real decoration of the festive table — «Noah’s Ark». An excellent combination of cold snacks with hot meat dishes will please everyone. Prepare it in advance, a day before and keep it in the refrigerator. Juicy and delicious snack, under a crust of cheese — it’s just a miracle.
List of ingredients:
• one large eggplant;
• 100 grams of smoked meat breast;
• one head of onions;
• one clove of garlic;
• third of a pod of hot pepper;
• 3 large fresh champignons;
• one chicken egg;
• 100 grams of melted cheese;
• 2 tablespoons of French mustard;
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
• 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (preferably olive);
• a small piece of hard cheese (I have Parmesan);
• 5 grams of any spices.
1. The products are the stuffing of one eggplant. If you need more: increase the number of products in proportion.
2. Cut the large eggplant into two identical parts (do not forget to clean it thoroughly and remove the stem). Carefully remove the flresh (it will be needed for the filling), sprinkle the resulting boats with salt. Leave for five minutes, then rinse under running water and dry with paper towels.
3. Clean onions, finely chop the onions and fry them in vegetable oil until golden.
4. Pulp, which we removed from the eggplant, cut into small cubes and put in a frying pan with onion, stir.
5. Chop in cubes the mushrooms, smoked bacon and fry together with onion and eggplant.
6. Fry for a few minutes, add finely chopped hot pepper, garlic pasted through the press and favorite spices. Thoroughly mix the filling and remove from heat.
7. Fill the halves of aubergines with the prepared filling.
8. For filling in a bowl, drive the egg, mix it with mustard, lemon juice and one tablespoon of mayonnaise.
9. Grate cheese on a greater and add to the aubergines. On the cheese make a mesh of mayonnaise.
10. Lay the eggplants on a baking sheet, put it to a preheated oven to 200 degrees, for about half an hour. Ready-made aubergines will need to become red, and the cheese will melt.
11. Cool the aubergines first at room temperature, and then cool in the refrigerator.
12. Before serving, lay the eggplants on a serving dish, decorated with greens.