- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 fresh cod steaks
- salt and pepper
- 25 g butter or margarine
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- lemon twists to garnish
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a sheets of foil and grill until golden and crunchy, then leave to cool.
- Season the cod steaks generously with salt and pepper o each side .
- Dot the butter or margarine over one side of the fish .
- Turn the grill on to medium heat.
- Place the cod steaks buttered side up on a sheet of foil and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn them over , mix together the breadcrumbs , cheese, mustard and seasoning to taste , sprinkle over the fish and grill for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Place the cod steaks in a hot serving dish, garnish with lemon twists and serve at once with jacket potatoes and a green vegetable.