Fluffy and rich, your guests won’t believe there’s no dairy in this Thanksgiving classic.
Recipe by Wicked Healthy
Cooking time:25 minutes
- 10 — 12 large mashing potatoes, washed, skin on, cut into 1/6’s
- 1/3 cup plant-based butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (soy, oat or almond)
- 2-3 tablespoons plant-based butter/margarine
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
How To Prepare
- In a large pot, add chopped potatoes, cover with water and bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Check the potatoes after 5 minutes on a boil. They’re done when they easily break apart with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from heat, strain them thoroughly, then add them back to the original pot.
- Add the plant-based butter, pepper and salt, and whip/mash with a potato masher until the potatoes are smooth with no lumps.
- Enjoy immediately.
- For a healthier version sub the plant-based butter and milk with our amazing cashew sour cream
- Swap out a couple of the white mashing potatoes with sweet potatoes or a bit of Butternut squash
- Feel free to use this recipe for sweet potatoes too, just be aware that sweet are a bit less starchy and more watery.