A quick cheese garlic bread toast under 20 mins. You can make this with any kind of bread you have. I went ahead using a whole meal loaf. This is a very simple garlic bread recipe and you can spice it up with own ideas like using chili flakes, crushed pepper or even with fresh herbs or dried herbs.
Cooking time: 15minutes
- 6 slices bread (any bread)
- 3 tbsps butter softened
- 2 tbsp garlic minced or finely chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup cheese grated or slice (i used mozzarella)
- Salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp parsley or cilantro or coriander leaves
- ¾ tsp oregano (use more as needed)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes or coarse crushed pepper as needed
How To Prepare
- Make garlic butter by whisking together butter and minced garlic with a fork.
To make on stovetop
- Heat a pan on stove top.
- Butter the bread slices and toast on one side until crisp.
- Flip the bread (crisp side on top). Then sprinkle the cheese, herbs and chill flakes over the garlic toasted bread.
- Cover with a lid and toast on a lowest flame until the cheese begins to melt off. Keep checking to avoid burning.
How to make garlic cheese toast in oven
- Preheat the oven to 190 C or 370 F.
- Butter the bread on one side. Toast in the oven for 7 to 8 mins or until crisp.
- Then sprinkle the cheese, herbs and chill flakes over the bread.
- Bake it again for 3 mins or until the cheese turns golden & begins to melt.
- Serve garlic cheese toast hot.