These are roast potatoes with a difference- in flavor and appearance.
Allow 1 or 2 small potatoes per serving.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) oil
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- Peel and boil in salted water to cover, for 5 minutes, then drain and stand aside till cool enough to handle.
- Squash, but do not break up completely, one or two garlic cloves.
- Put in a shallow baking or roasting pan big enough to hold potatoes with some oil.
- Slice potatoes near to the base.
- Turn them in the oil and bake, uncovered at 200 degrees Celsius(400F) for about an hour, spooning oil over potatoes occasionally , and removing garlic from pan before it blackens.
Garlic potatoes cooked at a lower temperature (for a longer time) may be browned under the grill before serving.