These nourishing rolls are the most popular snack in almost every Georgian restaurant. The simplicity and magic taste of this dish surprised everyone who tasted it. Regardless of the miniature forms, rolls are very satisfying, tasty and useful.
- Eggplant — 2 pieces
- Peeled walnuts — 200 gr
- Garlic — 2-3 cloves
- Onion bulbs — 1 piece
- Lemon — 1 piece
- Parsley, cilantro
- khmeli-suneli — 1 tsp
- Wash the eggplant, remove the hats and cut into strips along the vegetable (3-5 mm). Salt and leave for half an hour to remove the bitterness. Then rinse with water and get wet in a napkin.
- Heat the pan and fry these parts on both sides untill gently brown.
- Put the vegetable on a napkin, so that there is excess oil left on it.
- Chop the onion finely and fry until golden brown.
- Сrush the nuts in a blender, add there already fried onions, greens, garlic, salt and seasoning. And grind a little more.
- Put all this mixture in a bowl, pour with lemon juice and mix well. You can dilute with water if the mass is thick.
- Putthe nut stuffing onthe eggplant strip edge and wrap in. Do that with the rest of the strips. Pomegranate seeds will be a perfect decoration to this dish.
- Rolls are delicious both on the first and on the second day, so you can make them in advance. This moderately hot and spicy snack will win everyone’s love.